Friday, October 3, 2008

Snuggly Buggly, but Worried!

I am snuggling into these blankets because I am nervous!
My ability to create artwork, buy my food and pay my vet bills are being threatened by the Orphan Works Bill.

Some senators have decided it is time for non-artists to control the use and distribution of art. You can read about what the bill is about here.

But, you can help me out. You can go to this link and get samples of letters to write and send to those senators and other people who make the rules. (I am not quite sure how you humans runs things). I don't know how to write, so I need your help!

Use these templates to send out a letter to your representatives:
http://capwiz.com/illustratorspartnership/home/

It is best to copy and paste the letter template into a hard copy and mail the letter out. I was told that if you just send an email it is never opened. The best way to help me out is by sending a letter and addressing the envelope by hand. Gosh, thumbs are great. You are lucky.

Here is the Orphan Acts Bill as proposed:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.R.5439:

Please don't let this become law! Thanks for your help!

Gigantic, sloppy licks,
Lian

No comments: